5326 Twin Hickory Rd

Glen Allen, VA 23059

(804) 249-2809

brogers@gohtr.com

Compare Listings

Monday Motivation: Be The One…

Monday Motivation: Be The One…

Monday Motivation, 9.30.19

Written by: Kevin Long

Every Monday, The Rogers-Long Team meets for one of its two weekly meetings. The Monday meeting always ends with “Monday Motivation” in which a few minutes are spent listening to one team member presenting a quote, a quick reading from a book, a scene from a movie, or anything else they find motivating to provide a “spark” to the whole team on a Monday morning.

In order to be the top 1%, you must do what the other 99% wont.

There is a Les Brown quote that gets thrown around a lot. “If you do what is hard, life will be easy. If you do what is easy, life will be hard.”

Nothing comes easy. There needs to be a drive within yourself to achieve your own version of success. If you do not push yourself to reach your goals, they will fade away…and so will your time. Time is our most valuable resource and it is constantly slipping away. We need to maximize our time in order achieve our goals. You need to have defined goals in order to accomplish them. Having something to strive for gives us direction. With direction, we can implement a plan. With a plan, you can take action. Action steps and urgency is an exciting combination for someone with goals.

We talk a lot about what need to do to accomplish your goals, but we also need to look at what we are willing to sacrifice. There will always be give and take. If you are giving your time towards your goals, there will not be as much time for other things, activities or people. What or who, are you willing to sacrifice that the other 99% will not? Prioritize what is important to you. If it doesn’t help you achieve your goals, what good is it? If you are going to be a statistic, be an outlier. Be the one, not the others.

 

Kevin Long, The Lead Agent for The Rogers-Long Team, has been in the real estate business since 2012. In 2014, he and Ben began The Rogers-Long Team, which produces $25,000,000+ in volume annually. In addition to selling hundreds of houses over the past 6 years, Kevin also serves as a mentor to less experienced agents on The RLT and in the company, and he spends most of the little free time he has working on his own personal home renovation project.

Related posts

Monday Motivation: The Weight Of Glass

Monday Motivation, 12.2.19 Written by: Mike Goleski Every Monday, The Rogers-Long Team meets...

Continue reading

Monday Motivation: Luck, Preparation, Opportunity

Monday Motivation, 11.18.19 Written by: Kaitlyn Gwaltney Every Monday, The Rogers-Long Team...

Continue reading

Monday Motivation: If You Are Prepared, You Don’t Feel Pressure

Monday Motivation, 11.11.19 Written by: Kevin Long Every Monday, The Rogers-Long Team meets...

Continue reading

Join The Discussion