Monday Motivation: Words of Wisdom
Monday Motivation, 2.10.2020
Written by: Mike Goleski
Every Monday, The Rogers-Long Team meets for one of its two weekly meetings. The Monday meeting always ends with “Monday Motivation” in which a few minutes are spent listening to one team member presenting a quote, a quick reading from a book, a scene from a movie, or anything else they find motivating to provide a “spark” to the whole team on a Monday morning.
Sometimes in life, words of wisdom have a way of sinking into your brain and changing your life for the better. Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful. There impactful words of wisdom will inspire you to dig deeper and leave you with purpose and motivation. Here are the top 10 quotes to motivate and inspire you.
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost When caught up in an unseemly situation, we usually look for the easy way out. And unfortunately, procrastination is the natural response. This quote serves us with a reminder that perhaps the best route is going “through” the problem, rather than around it. As a result, you find that good things begin to happen when you cease to depay and beat about the bush and take matters into your hands to resolve it.
- “Carpe Diem” Latin Proverb Seize the moment.
- “Always do what you are afraid to do.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson In each of our lives there is one person – if not ourselves – who holds us back in accomplishing our dreams. What better feeling to prove that very person wrong by conquering your worst fears and doubts.
- “Believe and act as if it were impossible to fail.” – Charles Kettering Believe that it is absolutely impossible to fail, and you might just start acting as per your thinking as well! In spite of the worries that things may not work out, believe in its possibility, and your actions will reflect this positivity too!
- “Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself.” – Theodore T Hunger Hunger tells us about how ultimately, our success and failure comes down to us- our hard work, our tenacity, and our perserverance.
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” – Lao Tzu Your goal may be big, and at times it may seem impossible and difficult. You will feel like you’re failing and you’re not getting anywhere. But perserverance, belief and conviction in those small steps that you’re taking towards those goals is what you need to be confident about. Consistently follow your life mission, one step at a time, no matter how small the step my be.
- “Opportunity is always knocking. The problem is that most people have the self-doubt station in there heads turned up way too loud to hear it.” – Brian Vaszily This funny motivational quoate by Vaszily succintly describes how we are the biggest enemies of ourselves, standing in the way of our success and accomplishments. Either we do not understand our true potential, or we begin to doubt our skills. It’s time to put aside all the worries to focus on what and how we can achieve excellence.
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi Every day we see the violence around us. While there is very little that we can do, the Indian political leader says it best. Start with the man in the mirror. Be the change you want to see within others. While you can’t influence the world, you can be a better human, and become the testament of the change.
- “Tough times never last but tough people do.” – Dr Robert Schuller As the weather gets harsher and tougher, it’s time to brace yourself! The difficult times are simply temporary, but it is due to those difficult and tough times that you are stronger today. The best part is that you are now tougher today than you were yesterday! And more importantly, you got through it all. Celebrate your strength!
- “You must not only aim right, but draw the bow with all your might.” – Henry David Thoreau So you’re focused and know exactly what you want? It’s not enough. Thoreau tells us through a beautifully accurate metaphor how it’s not just enough to know the right direction, but also do everything possible to get to the finish line!
So my question for you is….What motivates you? What words move you to be a better person, friend, wife, husband, parent or co-worker?
Mike Goleski, a Realtor with The Rogers-Long Team, started selling real estate in 1999. The RLT was thrilled to welcome Mike to the team in February of 2018 due to his competitive edge and disciplined attitude, which he learned from serving 6 years in the US NAVY as a SeaBee. In his spare time, you can find Mike on the golf course or even behind home plate umpiring an NCAA baseball game.