Monday Motivation: The Rookie’s Top 10
Monday Motivation, 9.9.19
Written by: Dawn Paciocco
Every Monday, The Rogers-Long Team meets for one of its two weekly meetings. The Monday meeting always ends with “Monday Motivation” in which a few minutes are spent listening to one team member presenting a quote, a quick reading from a book, a scene from a movie, or anything else they find motivating to provide a “spark” to the whole team on a Monday morning.
Last week I celebrated my 1 year anniversary with The Rogers-Long Team. After selling and buying a home with Ben and Kevin, I knew one day I would be a part of the team. I wasn’t 100% sure how, but knew I would. Ben and I would talk about it, and then finally after 2 years it was time. It couldn’t have come at a better time in my life. You have heard the saying “Everything happens for a reason”, well it doesn’t just happen for a reason, there is a meaning behind why things happen. There is a meaning for everything that happens and sometimes we never understand the meaning. Even after a year, I am still discovering new meaningful reasons that The RLT was brought into my life. Joining The RLT has brought me so much happiness and meaning that I felt the need to share the top 10 things I have learned in the past year with The RLT. While it’s an atypical Monday Motivation, I think everyone can find meaning in my 10 and be motivated by some of them!
10. The power of a THANK YOU! Yep, something as simple as a Thank You can go a long way for people, especially when it is just for doing the little simple things. The team ALWAYS thanks you for everything, even the little things that are part of your daily job. A Thank you gives you all the happy feels!
9. RESPECT! You are not an employee of The RLT, you are really part of a team. We have a leader, a favorite agent, a lead agent, but each have our roles that make us a team. We treat each other fairly and with respect, 100% of the time.
8. I have 3 letters for you… O T F. It’s not required but I am certainly grateful for the encouragement to join Ben’s Orange cult.
7. Family comes first. I am able to be a mother and wife first. I am a better mom because of the support I get from The RLT when it comes to my family. It goes a long way to know that I am expected to put my family first!
6. Attitude really is everything. I used to have a shirt growing up that said “I LOVE MY ATTITUDE PROBLEM”. I wish I still had it because it would have an entire different meaning today.
5. Positivity is contagious! It is near impossible to be in a bad mood at The RLT office. Each person on our team have their own positive way of living life.
4. Monday Motivation! It is one of the hardest things I have to do every 6 weeks. I am not sure how many people actually take the time to read them, but writing them makes me a better person. Hearing and discussing the teams each Monday help me start my week off right.
3. #BuildTheArmy This is one of those meaningful things that I had no idea I would be a part of and it is amazing. We do much more than just help people buy and sell houses. We have a group of GOOD people, and it has been a privilege to be the leader of that army for the past year. I can’t wait to grow that army by the 1,000’s in the years to come.
2. I AM! I struggle to be positive about myself. Thanks to my amazing supportive team, I AM getting better. I love taking care of others and I have come to realize that I need to take better care of myself to be my best for others. It’s ok to put myself first sometimes.
And the number one thing I have learned in the past year from The RLT:
1. We have so much fun here. But it is the truth…..The RLT really are NEVER too busy for your referrals!
Dawn Paciocco joined The Rogers-Long Team in September 2018 as the team’s Client Care Coordinator. Dawn spent 17 years in the financial services industry and much like Stacy, was first a client of Ben & Kevin’s before joining the team. After a couple years discussing the possibility of Dawn joining, The RLT excitedly brought her on due to her fun-loving attitude and belief in the team’s mission to build an army of people that does good, becomes better, and strives to be the best.